Top 10 tips to know before filing a personal injury lawsuit in West Palm Beach Florida
PERSONAL INJURY AND AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Fill out this form for a Free, immediate, case Evaluation
939 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach, FlL 33405
Evereything you need to know about hiring a personal Injury attorney
I was referred to this office by a friend of mine who had her case handle by attorney, Marcos Gonzalez. I was very pleased with Mr. Gonzalez and his staff. Everyone is very nice and I got a great outcome on my settlement. I Would recommend this firm to anyone looking for a PI or Workers' compensation attorney. Thank you guys! Keep up the good work. Scarlett Estevez
Excellent friendly office!!! Had an amazing experience everyone was super helpful and they worked their tails off to get me max dollar for my case .. Marcos Gonzalez amazing person hire him you won’t regret it !!!!
What to know before filing a personal injury lawsuit in West Palm Beach Florida
You already know how time-consuming and stressful it can be for anyone involved in a personal injury lawsuit. However, for those who have not been involved in a personal injury lawsuit in West Palm Beach Fl, Advocates USA has provided ten tips to keep in mind before filing a claim.
1. Filing a personal injury lawsuit in South Florida is designed to protect you. After being involved in an accident, you likely are filled with anxiety; medical bills are piling up, lost income, emotional stress, and your life as you know it is non-existent. You file a personal injury lawsuit to protect your rights and the financial burden that comes with it. With the help of our personal injury attorneys at Advocates USA in West Palm Beach Fl, we may be able to help you recover compensation through a settlement or going to trial. Contact us for a free evaluation at 1-800-872-4878.
2. More compensation for victims who hire a personal injury attorney.
People who lawyer up after an accident recover three times more compensation in a personal injury lawsuit than those who didn’t hire a lawyer. When you hire a personal injury attorney, we know the legalities and how to navigate and negotiate settlements. When insurance companies aren’t willing to negotiate, Advocates USA will bring your case before a judge and jury to fight for your rights to help get you more compensation.
3. Time is of the essence. Hiring a personal injury lawyer soon after your accident can prevent you from making costly mistakes by revealing too much information. Disclosing too much information will allow insurance adjusters to use this against your claim, therefore, offering you less compensation. Attorneys can walk you through tricky legal procedures, negotiate with insurance companies, use experts to investigate your case and be your point of contact. Also, if you hire a personal injury lawyer soon after an accident, you are more likely to remember the sequence and details of the accidents, witnesses will recall the events, and you still have your medical receipts.
4. There are no upfront costs to hire a personal injury attorney. Regardless of your financial status, Advocates USA will represent you and fight for your rights. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay anything upfront and will only pay a percentage of your earnings from the settlement or jury verdict if we win your case.
5. Don’t sign anything before speaking to a personal injury attorney. After an accident, insurance adjusters may try to convince you that you don’t need a lawyer or to sign something. Insurance adjusters typically don’t have the victims’ best interest and want you to settle a soon as possible at the least amount of compensation. You mustn’t sign anything before speaking to your lawyer as it could prevent you from recovering the compensation that you deserve.
6. There are only two ways to win a case. When you file a personal injury claim in South Florida, your case can be settled outside of court or ruled before a jury. When you settle outside of court, it means the plaintiff and defendant agree on a compensation amount, and if a settlement can’t be reached, your lawyer can take your case to court. A verdict means a jury or judge will determine if you will receive compensation for your injuries. Typically a jury win case receives a higher compensation value than settling outside of court. Your personal injury attorneys will determine which avenue is best for you.
7. Establishing negligence Is a crucial factor. When you file any claim against another party, you must establish your injuries are a direct result of another party’s negligence, or they failed to exercise reasonable care for your safety. If this can be proven, the defendant can be held liable for your injuries and damages associated with the accident, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering or diminished earning capacity.
8. Personal Injury lawsuits are typically time-consuming. There are many complex variables involved in personal injury cases, and therefore it could be months or years before your case is settled through a settlement or trial. Additionally, insurance companies like to drag out the process in hopes the victim goes away or will accept a low ball settlement offer just to be done. With Advocates USA, we advise all our clients not to settle for less than what your case is worth. We like to solve our cases as quickly as possible so you can receive justice and compensation that is deserved.
9. Facts are needed to value a claim. The severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident will determine the value of your case. We won’t be able to provide you with an estimated value of your claim unless we have the intricate details and facts. Advocates USA has decades of experience, and we understand how to place values on cases as well as what variables will drive higher compensation.
10. There is a statute of limitations on filing a lawsuit. In Florida state you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party, the clock starts ticking from the date of the accident. Don’t wait to file your claim.
Contact Advocates USA
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident and sustained injuries, contact our personal injury attorneys at Advocates USA. Our lawyers will fight for you with decades of experience and recovering millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Contact us today for a free evaluation at 1-800-872-4878 or fill out our contact form to learn more.
NEED AN ATTORNEY? WE CAN HELP!
INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT?
" NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN"
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER IN FLORIDA
Free consultation 24 hours a day 7 days a week!